It's Summertime!

Jul 14, 2010

Oh the joys of summertime! I have always loved summer. I know it's blistering hot and the humidity is 100% in Charleston, but I really don't think I would have it any other way. This June the boys and I went to visit one of my bestest friends in New Jersey. Now the weather was not quite as hot as Charleston, but to be the north, it was still toasty.

We defiantly stayed busy. We went to a couple of parks, had a birthday party for our great pal Cole, rode a train at a state park, had a Tastefully Simple party (more on that later...) and went to the Philadelphia Zoo.

Most of all, I love being able to spend time with the boys.  With me working full time, sometimes it just seems like there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done.  So to be able to sit back and enjoy the kids was a treat...at least for the first couple of days!




I'm not sure who the brilliant person is who invited this contraption, but it is sure to make a kid dizzy enough to lose their cookies. 

Not to mention that once it starts spinning, it is nearly impossible to stop.  Must be the same person that invinted the merry-go-round.  Hmmm?



You can't really tell from this picture, but this was really nice at the park.  It is like a mist sprinkler to cool off the kiddos from the hot sun.  Pretty neat and the kids loved it. 


                       
While in Jersey, we went to a state park.  It was a great day and the kids had a blast.  It was very educational and we ended the day with a train ride.  Hunter was more interested in the deer roaming in the field than the actual train ride and Owen was not letting his Momma very far away without a bunch of tears. 


As I mentioned before, we had a birthday party too!  Our little friend Cole turned 1!



Cole had a blast at his first year birthday party with his friends.  I think you can probably tell from the picture that he really likes cake too!  We had an awesome time in New Jersey with our friends and we miss them terribly already.  I sure do wish we lived closer to be able to share more adventures together. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP