Christmas 2013

Dec 27, 2013



Without my parents, brother and my boys, I'm not sure I would have made it through Christmas 2013. This year was been a whirlwind. Full of raw emotions that I'm not sure I still understand. This is the first year in over 7 years that I've been alone on Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I'm OK with being alone, however it is much more difficult when children are involved. 

Christmas is about family, love and togetherness. And that is just what this Christmas was all about. The boys and I were surrounded by people who love us unconditionally. They are there for us in good times and bad...through thick and thin. Because after all, isn't that what family is supposed to be? The one person who has your back when no one else does? 

One thing I've definitely learned is the people you think have your back and are there for you no matter what are NO where to be found when things get tough. They are the first to turn their back and pretend they saw and know nothing.

For me, Christmas 2013 was new traditions. A new "normal" for the boys and I....picking out our first live Christmas tree in over 14 years. This is the "first" of many to come. 

So with 2014 knocking on our door, I look forward to new beginning, making new memories and new traditions. The past year has been full of broken promises, disappointment and heartache. The past does not define our future.  The best is yet to come!





1 comments:

Anonymous December 27, 2013  

*tears* of happiness for your positive outlook. Love you all so much and am so proud of you! XOXO. -Auntie

  © Blogger template Writer's Blog by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP